Submission Deadline: March 11th, 2019
MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN!
Melted Crayons, the student-run literary magazine of Bay Ridge Prep, is hosting a realistic fiction writing contest for all fifth graders!
- All participants must be current 5th graders. Current Bay Ridge Prep fifth grade students are ineligible.
- Stories must be written during the 2018-19 school year.
- All stories must be realistic fiction.
- Stories must have a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 2,000 words.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- All stories need to be school appropriate (no violent or offensive words or images).
- All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stories should appear in the body of the email from a parent or guardian’s email account.. Attachments will not be opened.
- Please include your name, school, and teacher’s name in the subject line of your email.
All entries will be judged by the middle school editorial board of Melted Crayons Literary Magazine using the judging criteria and percentages below:
50% Creativity and originality of plot and/or themes
50% Story structure and use of literary devices.
One (1) First Place Winner: $100, an invitation to a special awards reception, and publication in the Spring 2019 issue of Melted Crayons.
Three (3) Runner-ups: Publication in the Spring 2019 issue of Melted Crayons!